WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR ROOF ACCESS LADDERS
- We supply and install roof access ladders and safety systems, guardrails, and platforms.
- All of our products are fabricated and installed in accordance with the Australian Standard 1657-2013 Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders – Design, construction and installation.
- We implement and follow the Australian Codes of Practice 2011 for Managing the Risk of Falls in the Workplace
- We hold working at heights tickets, EWP over 11 meters and certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety
- All of our jobs are risk assessed and control measures put in place and followed
- Call us today to talk about your height safety system needs
WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HEIGHT SAFETY SYSTEMS
You’re probably reading this because the roof access at your workplace is either non existent or non compliant. Roof access is often needed for things such as air conditioning installation and maintenance, gutter inspections or roof repair and maintenance.
It is is the responsibility of the PCBU (Person Conducting Business or Undertaking) to ensure that the roof / height access complies with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011. and the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 2011.
Unfortunately what the law states can be extremely confusing and can seem like it’s a never ending cycle of cross referencing and can bamboozle pretty much anyone. We are here to try and take the crazy out of the process. Our height safety system installer not only has many years of experience, he also holds the following licenses and qualifications: (see a full list of our tickets here)
- Certificate IV in Work Place Health and Safety
- EWP (Elevated Work Platform) over 11 meters
- Working at Heights Permit
- QBCC (QBSA) License N.o 1269861
These licenses and certificates are not easily obtained nor given out freely. Our installer has had to extensively train and prove his knowledge to a number of different training authority’s in order to carry out these high risk actions on a daily basis.
So how does a PCBU make their roof access compliant? This is where Dark Horse Engineering can assist. We work with one of the leading providers in height safety systems and are highly experienced in installing:
- Modular ladder systems
- Guardrail and walkway systems
- Step ladders, bridges stairs and platforms
Call Dark Horse Engineering today to discuss your safety system needs.